Friday, November 11, 2005

The Monkey Reference

The appearance of FishFrog's monkey postings (here and here) have given me the opportunity to share with you the phenomenom of the Monkey Reference. Although not scientficially proven (yet), I find that this theory holds up in my life, and I think you will too.

Each day you will have a monkey reference. You will either see a monkey (or picture of), read a monkey word, or hear a monkey refernce. "Monkey" applies to any type monkey whether it be a gorrilla, a chimp, Curious George, a monkey wrench or the monkey pox. If you see/hear/read it - it's a reference. Sure, laugh-- I can hear you now, but trust me when I say, "It will come to pass." Just wait for it.

For those of you saying you haven't had a monkey reference for days, I ask you: do you read Fish Frog Monkey Man? His blog name alone is a reference! It's not that the references aren't there; it's that you are not paying attention!

I get a lot of critisim for this claim, but I don't mind because if I change the life of just one person then I've done my duty. You'll see -- monkey's are everywhere!

7 comments:

Fishfrog said...

Monkeys are very cute. I would have posted about monkeys more often if I knew of this phenomenon.

Scarlet Panda said...

Now everyone can share the experience I have so often:

You're in a conversation with warmfuzzy and some random other people, and someone mentions something that has to with monkeys (or monkeys come on the TV screen, or someone eats a monkey-shaped animal cracker, or whatever). Warmfuzzy looks over at you and gleefully murmurs, "Monkey reference!", and the other people stare at both of you in confusion.

Amanda G. said...

And how often does this happen, Panda? Daily.

Squishy Burrito said...

Today, I heard Mster make monkey sounds, ate monkey animal crackers and read books with monkeys in them. I fully support the "monkey reference" even without my daily dose of fishfrog.

Anonymous said...

I live with THE monkey man himself... what else can I say?

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd have a post about this monkey malarkey. We've already discussed this at length and you know my feelings on this matter. That is all I shall say.

Amanda G. said...

You can't fight the monkey. And that is all I shall say. For now.