Monday, November 21, 2005

6 Degrees of Seperation Game - Nov. 21-25

Welcome to the 6 Degrees of Separation Game - Actor Style. You all know the gist – theoretically any two people can be connected in 6 degrees or less. For this version, I will pick any two actors any you have to connect them through movie/tv shows.

The rules:

  1. Six degrees or less (a movie or a t.v. show = 1 degree)
  2. The actors linking must be either in a movie together, or a TV show together, however, guest appearances on TV shows don't count (they have to be recurring characters)
  3. You may ONLY use the internet if you know two actors are in a movie but you cannot for the life of you remember the name or if you are unsure of who one of the starting actors are. Limit: one "look-up" per entry. Since there is no way for me to know if you do this or not, we will use the honor system. For those of you becoming lawyers, remember that if you do anything deemed unethical, you could be disbarred. It’d be a shame for it to be over a blog-game.

Example:
Benicio Del Toro and Tobey McGuire.
1.Benicio was in Swimming with Sharks with Kevin Spacy
2.Kevin was in American Beauty with Annette Benning
3.Annette was in The Great Outdoors with Dan Akroid
4.Dan was in Ghostbusters with Segourni Weaver
5.Segourni was in The Ice Storm with Tobey McGuire

A better entry would be:
1. Benicio was in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with Tobey McGuire.

Questions? Comments? There may be more than one solution, so the person who connects the actors in the least amount of steps will be the winner. Unlike most of my contests – this one has a prize! I am holding in my hand a bag of Chex Mix. The stakes are high! The contest ends Friday Nov. 25 @ 5:00 p.m. Go to it!

The actors are:

Jack Nicholson and Jennifer Connely
This blog post brought to you by "Movie Mondays"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Jack Nicholson was in Easy Rider with Dennis Hopper
2. Dennis was in Blue Velvet directed by David Lynch
3. David was in and directed Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me with David Bowie
4.Bowie was in Labrynth with Jennifer Connely

Four steps. Beat that fishfrog!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Connelly was in House of sand and fog with Ben Kingsley

Ben Kingsley was in AI with Haley Joel Osment

Haley was in Pay it forward with Helen Hunt

Helen was in As good as it gets with Jack Nicholson.

I also did it in four steps and cheated on only the first two.

Squishy Burrito said...

1)Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with Tom Cruise

2)Tom Cruise was in Top Gun with Val Kilmer

3)Val Kilmer was in Pollock with Jennifer Connelly

Oh, and I cheated.

Amanda G. said...

stop cheating!!!

Anonymous said...

I cheated too...

Scarlet Panda said...

Jennifer Connelly was in Career Opportunities with Frank Whaley. (awesome movie)

Frank Whaley was in Swimming With Sharks with Kevin Spacey.

Kevin Spacey was in Pay it Forward with Helen Hunt.

Helent Hunt was in As Good as it Gets with Jack Nicholson.

It's not elegant, and I'm not proud of the movies I chose, but at least I didn't cheat.

Scarlet Panda said...

I just reread the answers and noticed that part of my answer was the same as Cdawg's. I don't think I was influenced by that when I came up with mind, but it does put a bit of a damper on what I had assumed would be my complete victory.

Scarlet Panda said...

Ok, here's a completely original and cheating-free answer:

Jennifer Connelly was in Career Opportunities with Frank Whaley. (awesome movie.)

Frank Whaley was in Swimming With Sharks with Kevin Spacey. (not a good movie.)

Kevin Spacey was in The Usual Suspects with Kevin Pollak. (overrated movie--the ending is good, so people forget how mind-numbingly boring the entire rest of the movie is)

Kevin Pollak was in A Few Good Men with Jack Nicholson. (excellent movie that I watch every single time I happen upon it on TV.)