Saturday, October 21, 2006

Part 2: The Word of the Week!

Wow, great words! Several of the words pop out at me as frontrunners for the word of the week. Still, there can only be one that holds that title!

This week's Word of the Week is:


Insouciance

1. The quality of being insouciant; lack of care or concern; indifference
2. Blithe lack of concern; nonchalance
3. the cheerful feeling you have when nothing is troubling you

Insouciance - it sure is a good feeling! Just be careful not to let it rule your life, because it's important to get hot and bothered about something every once and a while.

I know a lot of people LOVED fishfrog's submission of imitate v. intimate. And, it was a cool submission; I loved it too. There were several words I wanted to pick, but only ONE could be this week's word.

2 comments:

Matt said...

So, what's the proper pronunciation of the word of the week?

Matt said...

to answer my own question: according to merriam webster, there are two ways, which I will call the non french and french ways.

non-french: in-SUE-see-ints
french: eh(n)-soos-YAWNss

When, IRL I had a conversation about this word, I pronounced it the french way and was mocked by the anntiblogger for it.