Thursday, October 12, 2006

It is chilly!

I can hear the wind blowing outside and it is quite chilly in my apartment. Poor Lucy is curled up by the heater. She is also kind of annoyed with me because I've been on my computer all week. Mostly, I've been working on a unit plan for my class. I'm actually quite annoyed, not because I had to make a 10 day unit plan, but because our only instruction was: make a 10 day unit plan. Now, I realize I'm in a masters class & it would be easy to assume that everyone in my class is already a teacher, but in fact only 4 of us are. The rest of us have never seen a unit plan before or attempted to put one together. We are all at a loss. I finished my plan yesterday, and it was probably crap, but at least it's done. It is also on a topic I care about - Indian boarding schools and Indian Identity. So, hopefully once I know what I'm doing I'll be able to salvage parts of it and make a new unit plan. It just annoys me that in this program I am in there are no classes on the basics - the thought is we'll learn it during our practicum and student teaching. Well, um...what about all the assignments before then? I guess I'm going to have to learn it on my own because apparently the thousands of dollars I'm shelling out to this school is not enough for them to offer even one workshop on lesson plans! Alright, rant over.

No comments: