Friday, October 06, 2006

The hell?

I went to the farmer's market on Wednesday. Everything seemed as it should be for a fall visit to the market: fresh vegetables were plentiful, bags of candy corn were on display, toy spiders and scare crows adorned the shelves, and pumpkins littered the ground waiting to be bought and carved. Something was off, however...Something did not seem right. Next to the beautiful orange pumpkins sat ugly white pumpkins.

White pumpkins!?! "The hell?," I say, "What the hell?" The little ones look like cloves of garlic - what's the fall fun in that? The big ones are just unsetteling, and I imagine will look like the bald heads of mad-men when carved into jack-o-lanterns. White pumkpins are weird & I am appropriately vexed.

2 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

I kind of like them. Aren't jack-o-lanterns supposed to be scary, not cute?

Fishfrog said...

I think they look cool, especially the little ones.