Tuesday, March 07, 2006

fuzzy origins

For my class,I have to write a paper about my name: its origins/meaning and how it does or does not fit me.

We are supposed to use our full name, but my last name, Fuzzy, has no origins that I can find. See, when my ancestors came over to this country Fuzzy was not their name, so it is pretty much made up, and although other people have my last name, their not really part of my heritage making me less than motivated to search for the meaning behind the name.

I also can't find much about what our name pre-Fuzzy meant, probably because I'm unsure how it was spelled and it seems to be somewhat uncommon. So, instead, I am either taking the meanings of the first names of either Bridet and Michael (the first of our line of Fuzzy's to come over to the US of A, or I'm going to take the names of my mom, g-mom, great g-mom, all they way up to my great great g-mom Bridget and describe what those names mean and how they do or do not make up me. The wierd thing about that is that I'm following the paternal line, but the wives who married them - I guess that's cool becuase each of those women have added to the Fuzzy line. I don't know... we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: