Monday, March 27, 2006

Nonsensical Ramblings of a Sick Person

Feeling ill last night, I decided to take my temperature, and to my dismay I had a fever. I cannot remember the last time I've had a fever, so this was a bit unnerving and uncomfortable for me. SP showed her nurturing side and gave me some medicine and water to bring down said fever and to help me feel better. It helped the matter, but didn't fix it. This morning I again woke with fever, sore throat and cough. I couldn't get into my doctor, so off to Urgent Care I hurried.

The staff at Urgent Care were extremely friendly, but I was there for four hours! Four hours, and all told I spent only 35 minutes talking to anyone. Still, it was less time than I would have spent at the ER and my insurance covers it (unlike if I have to be rushed to the hospital next door to my house, but that is another boring story).

The people at Urgent care are all very nice, and so I hate to say anything bad about it. I was, afterall, given drugs that promise to make me feel better.

The upside to my 4 hour stint in Urgent Care is that I made great headway in reading Life of Pi. It has really picked up speed, and as SP and fomerSquishy have mentioned, it is a book worth reading.

Being sick has also really put a damper on my ability to finish may paper that I need to mail to my professor ASAP . Procrastination has never gotten the best of me like this before. Time is a formidable foe - I just hope it doesn't win this round!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Being sick is no fun, and having a paper due doesn't help things, I imagine. I hope that you feel better soon!

Squishy Burrito said...

Do you want me to bring you soup? I will.