Sunday, March 05, 2006

Classic Movies of My Generation

These are the movies from my childhood that are Classics and should be seen be seen by any self-respecing child of the 80s/early 90s. This not just list of my favorite movies, although I do love all these as I watched them time and time again growing up. In fact some of my favorite childhood movies (Men at Work, The Pirate Movie) did not make the cut because although they are AWEsome with a capital AWE, they are not classics.

Movies on my Classic's List:
Summer School
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
War Games
Clue
Breakfast Club
Adventures in Babysitting
The Princess Bride

2 comments:

Fishfrog said...

Summer School? Men at Work is more a classic than that.

Amanda G. said...

Men at Work is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time, but it is not a classic. I now know of two people who like this movie. You and me.

Not only is Summer School hilarious, but it also has heart. Shoop and his class all go mature and realized, perhaps, that they are worth more than the expectaitons put on them by themselves and others. It is a quality movie.