Monday, December 05, 2005

A Life Less Ordinary


Today I recommend one of my favorite movies to you – A Life Less Ordinary. This movie stars Ewan McGregor (who I love), Cameron Diaz, Holly Hunter(who is totally awesome) and Delroy Lindo (who is also totally aweosme). This off-beat romantic comedy gets better ever time I watch it. For those of you who liked Transpotting – it was written by John Hodge and directed by Danny Boyle. For those of you who didn’t – don’t worry, there is no drug usage in this movie.

Ewan McGregor plays a good guy whose life is not going well; he ends up kidnapping his boss’s daughter (Diaz). It is soon clear that he has no idea what he’s doing, but Diaz (who has been kidnapped many times before) takes initiative and demands ransom from her father. Her father, unwilling to part himself with his money, hires two bounty hunters – Holly Hunter and Delroy Lindo. These bounty hunters are actually two angels sent from heaven who have been given the assignment to get these two birds to fall in love – although they are a far cry from “Touched by an Angel”-style angels.

It’s hard for me to give a synopsis of a movie because I think its best if you don’t know much about a movie before seeing it, so you can just enjoy the ride. I fear I’ve told too much, but if I’d said any less, I can’t imagine why you’d be compelled to see the movie. Anyway – just go watch it! I have it if anyone wants to borrow it.
This blog post is brought to you by "Movie Mondays"

5 comments:

Matt said...

Trainspotting is one of my all time favorite films (the scene where the schoolgirl sits on Ewan's bed and sings New Order's Temptation to him is particularly charming for me.) ALLO has a really nice soundtrack, the Beck quasi-bossa nova song in particular

Fishfrog said...

I can no longer listen to Beck. It turns out he's a Scientologist.

Amanda G. said...

Scientologists can make music too!

Fishfrog said...

Yes, but only evil music.

Anonymous said...

Actually, your description makes it extremely unlikely I'll ever see this movie. I'm sure it's a good movie to a large segment of the population but I can hardly count the ways it is compeletely unappealing to me. But thanks for playing. :)