Thursday, January 25, 2007

Refund made RIDICULOUSLY difficult

So, in all its infinite wisdom, my university has decided that issuing refund checks is not in our best interest. Instead, it is better for students to be required to open a second checking account and be issued refunds through this new account's debit cards. It's so great! It's so easy! It's such bull crap!

Here is what our new account can do for us:
*We can go to 1 ATM in the metropolitan area to pull out cash for free!
*We can be charged every time we use our new MC/Debit as a debit card!
*We get to be charged $2.00 every time we want to withdraw money from any ATM except the one on campus - with a w/drawl limit of $500!
*Best of all -- We can pay $25 to transfer money from this refund account to our regular bank accounts! YAY!!!

This really pisses me off. I want to put this money in my actual (grown up) bank account, and it's virtually impossible to do without losing money. My only option is to take out several withdrawals at an inconvenient ATM machine and take a dangerous amount of cash to my bank.

What's more, the great people at this business got my DOB wrong, so my account was suspended for security reasons. Then, they entered in my new password (that they had to give me after my account was reopened) wrong, so guess what - my account was suspended AGAIN for security reasons. I talked to 4 different representatives today (all very cheerful), and spent about 1 hour and 1/2 try to gain access to my money in this SUPER EASY NEW WAY! I just want my f*ing check, people. This is total bull crap!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that is total fucking shit! i would complain to the fucking school and try to get as many other people you know at school to do the same! you are entitled to your money and they are robbing you of part of it (not to mention all the hassle they're creating)!!!

Matt said...

That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear it. Would it work to either 1-withdraw all the money, in $500 increments, and then take it to the next nearest branch of your bank, or 2-go to a branch of the bank where the money's deposited and close the account, then take it to a nearby branch of your actual bank?

Amanda G. said...

I will have to go with option one as I don't know where there is a branch of this "bank." It's possible that there is one, but it seems to be all on-line. I'll have to do some digging.

I don't konw if there is daily withdrawl limit - usually there is for safety reasons, but even so I think that is my only real option.