Thursday, January 11, 2007

Love Letter Template?

I've been asked to write a letter of recommendation/reference for one of my former volunteers. Although I'm happy to do it, I've never written such a letter, and so have begun looking for a template from which to work. In my search, I stumbled upon a website that has tons of real examples of job-realated letters: job rejection, job acceptance, letters of resignation, invoice letters, love letters, letters of recommendation. Wait, did I say love letters? Yes, that's right. Mixed in with all these job-specific letters are two templates for letters of a more personal nature: Love Letter and Romantic Love Letter. So helpful, these letters even point out that the writer should use personal or plain stationary (as opposed to business letterhead).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a template, the Romantic Love Letter is so full of specific reference as to render it useless. Needless to say, Nell was more confused than wooed, and claimed no recent memory of a romantic outdoor dinner. I recommend not using it.

Matt said...

I imagine it was particularly confusing to her to be called "Cheryl."