Thursday, January 04, 2007

gloomy weather, a good book, and the beach

It is a rather gloomy day outside. Made all the more gloomy when I took down the Christmas decorations. It was past time, but I was sad to wrap up all the cool sculpie ornaments and put them away.

Aside from putting away decorations, I've spent the better part of my day reading a book Panda gave me for Christmas. It is called Case Histories and is by Kate Atkinson. So far, so good. It is a mystery (I love mysteries), but like the weather today, the story is rather gloomy. It begins with the tale of a 3 year old disappearing in the night, then switches gears to a new set of characters, one of whom was slain in the workplace. It seems as though the two cases may be intertwined, and I'm looking forward to finding out how.

Here is a picture from my trip to Florida that might cheer up those of you who are down on the gloomy weather:



Anyway, that is all. I just wanted to break my non-posting streak - the first post back is always the hardest. Hopefully normal posting will resume in the days to follow.

No comments: