Friday, January 12, 2007

My alibi

Panda and I watched Law & Order SVU the other night. The "perp" in question did not have an alibi because he was home by himself watching T.V. The cops said that that just wasn't going to cut it, and the dude replied that that was the way it was. This happens a lot on Law & Order, and this is a problem for me. I am often home by myself watching T.V. There have been days when I have not encountered another living person. On any given night, my "alibi" would be that I was home watching T.V. It would be so easy for me to be falsely accused, and perhaps convicted because no one could vouch for me. The television could not even vouch for me because I watch nothing in real time. It's a little scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm... gives you a reason to maybe hang out with friends more, doesn't it? you could even just watch tv with them. at least then you have an alibi!

Amanda G. said...

well, I'll hang out as long as I still get to watch t.v. A few people won't watch TV with me 'cuz I get angry when people talk during shows. I've mellowed a bit, but I still take my TV watching pretty seriously.

Ally said...

A lot of times I'm using the internet some while I'm watching, so perhaps that activity could help substantiate my alibi. After all, I couldn't very well be writing a blog post/email/comment and killing someone all at the same time.