Saturday, September 09, 2006

There is a difference between mostly dead and all dead

And my blog is just mostly dead. I attribute it to the fact that I quit my job (whoot!). Before, while at work, I could justify taking little blogging breaks, thinking, "I can do x tomorrow." Well, my tomorrows are running out! I have several open projects, and only 3 weeks now to finish them. Additionally, it is a busy time at work, with 3 different sports seasons overlapping, (one of which is our biggest sport) and I need to secure volunteers for all 5 competitions before I leave.

I am so happy to quit my job, but as happy as I am, there is some sadness too. This week, I've begun telling some of my key volunteers that I'm leaving. It's not easy, and I'm beginning to realize there are a lot of people who have been part of my life for the last 4 years that I'm likely never going to see again.

Anyway, my blogging has suffered because of this business of busyness, so sorry, dear readers. I know how much this blog means to you, how it gives you a sense of purpose, how it brightens you day. So, I will try to post more often, and because of that I offer you this Saturday post! Who knows, I may even post a couple more before the day is done!

In other news...I finally figured out how to use spell check on this thing. That is to say I did the same thing I always do (click the spell check icon), but this time it worked. Ironically, the blog spell checker told me that "blog" was misspelled, and suggested "bloc." Also a little ironic: I misspelled "misspelled." heh.

3 comments:

Fishfrog said...

Yayyy! More blogging. I always used to consider you the most dependable source for frequent quality posts. And now with spellcheck! Happy day!

Nell said...

I hadn't heard that you had quite!!! I hope you enjoy going to school full time. It seems like it will be a big adjustment, but you'll do great.

Amanda G. said...

yes - I quit!! I'm going to go to school full time and sub a few days a week. Needless to say, I'll be done with my program a lot sooner. Unfortunatly, I'll still have night classes instead of day classes. Still, I'm pretty happy!