Tuesday, September 12, 2006

spend some time in the 'lou

Over the last year, several of my friends have selfishly decided to move away to far off states. Sure, they e-mail, call, and invite me to visit them, but I gotta tell ya – I’m sick of people moving. This does not bode well for me since a sizable number of my friends have resolved to flee this fair city come May. I don’t like it. Not one bit! And so, I’m here to list just some of the reasons why they should stay in St. Louis; I encourage them to think about this list as they apply to different lawyer type jobs in the coming months.

1. There is a ton of FREE stuff to do in St. Louis – the Zoo, The Art Museum, The Science Center (and more)
2. You can camp without fear of bears!
3. Provel Cheese!... like no cheese anywhere else!
4. We have a top ranked Children’s Hospital
5. This is home to the Gateway Arch – the tallest American monument. Also, it's the coolest...
6. Face it: moving is expensive, and all your stuff is already here.
7. Ted Drew’s Custard... so delicious, and only available here!
8. Like musicals and plays? We’ve got the Fox, the Muny, The Repertory Theater, and several college theaters.
9. Our Autumn and Spring seasons are beautiful.
10.
(perhaps most alluring) I am here.


Please note, this list is not complete; it simply shows some of the few (out of many) reasons to stay in St. Louis.

4 comments:

Sweet Cactus said...

Here's all I have to say:

http://sweetcactus06.blogspot.com/

Cactus

Sweet Cactus said...

oops...that was supposed to link to my page where I have a list for Phoenix :) Cactus

Amanda G. said...

cactus - it's nice of you to link to yourself. I also link to you - see there... over on the side bar (hint, hint).

Nell said...

Yay for the art museum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets all go and learn great stuff at this wonderful and exciting institution!

Have you ever asked yourself questions like 'where is New Ireland? Or, 'how can you make art out of half a million plastic cups and straws?' Do you want to know the answers? Come visit the Saint Louis Art Museum today!

www.slam.org
One Fine Arts Drive, Forest Park
St. Louis, MO 63130-1830