Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Changing Taste Buds...

You know what I did today that I haven't done in a long time? I hit the "next blog" button. I came across mostly blogs in foreign languages - one of them about animals facing extinction. "Next Blog" just doesn't seem as interesting to me anymore -- I've lost my taste for it.

You know what else I've lost my taste for? Regular soda. I don't know how it happened. Believe me when I say it was not deliberate. I have always railed against diet soda and the gross aspertaine taste, but my tune has change as my taste buds have. It began gradually enough. I was drinking a Coke and I thought, "Man, this tastes sweet!" (not "sweet" as in "sawheat!," but in the literal sense). I thought it was a fluke. Apparently it wasn't because I found myself reaching for Panda's diet Cokes over my Dr. Peppers. Now I even order diet sodas in restaurants! I'm still not 100% sold on diet Coke; I really don't know why anyone would choose to drink it when other sodas are out there, but I do seem to be off regular soda. Sure, I'll drink it when I'm craving something sweet, but it is definitely not an everyday beverage anymore. This is a very weird realization for me. Very weird indeed.

No comments: