Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Several little things...

So, I went up to the farm this weekend with my dad and we brought back so much delicious, delicious sweet corn! Mom and I spent 5 hours canning it so it we will have the tasty goodness all year round. Three cheers for corn!

If you turn your eyes to the heavens, you may have noticed that we are currently under a new moon. This made for spectacular stargazing up at the farm. Last time I was there (also a new moon), my dad and I saw what appeared to be a falling meteorite. We watched it blaze across the dark sky for (I'm not exaggerating) over 3 minutes, but I digress... This past Sunday, so many stars were out and we actually saw the Milky Way. It was pretty awesome.

The power is back on at work! YAY! because the air conditioning is on and because I can get my stuff done before my vacation, but BOO! because I'd planned to leave work today at 11:30 to get errands done before my vacation. Now, I can't use the "it's so hot I might literally die if I stay here" excuse to leave and do my personal stuff.

I watched the Music Man for the first time last night. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before (I love musicals), but the fact remains: I hadn't. I loved it. Loved it. If you haven't seen it you should. I'm kind of on a musical kick right now, and I think tonight I'll watch Singin' in the Rain.

My friend Rachael gave me this CD by Eve Cassidy. I enjoy the whole CD, but I really love the first track, It Doesn't Matter Anymore. The song, written by Paul Anka and originally recorded by Buddy Holly is, is just beautifully sung by Eve Cassidy. I can't get it out of my head.

6 comments:

Matt said...

Oh we've got trouble, right here in River City. With a capital "T" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for "pool".

(that stands for "pool")

Fishfrog said...

You know what musicals are disturbing? Oklahoma! and Gypsy. I enjoyed the music in both, but I disliked the story in both also. Oklahoma! creeped me out. There's some very adult content there.

Matt said...

Not every musical can be saccharine like The Sound of Music.

I've never seen Gypsy - isn't that what's playing over at the Muny?

Fishfrog said...

yep. Full of strippers and overbearing mothers. Not for children or sensitive people like me. There is a lamb in it though.

Nell said...

I love the Muny, its fantastic. If you want to see musicals, you should go there. Also, you should see The King and I and My Fair Lady. I know they're popular and you've probably seen them, but you should see them again. Also also, despite Fish Frog's delicate constitution, we own Oklahoma and you can borrow it if you want.

Amanda G. said...

I would LOVE to borrow Oklahoma! I don't know how it is that I've never seen it; it's one of my mom's favorite musicals. My Fair Lady is in my dad's top two. I've never seen King and I, but I'll put it on my bbuster list.

Newsies is a good modern musical. I have it if anyone wants to borrow it.