Wednesday, July 26, 2006

For a Smurfing Good Time

When Panda and I were little we used to play Smurfs: Rescue in Garagmel's Castle. This was my favorite collecovision game, and one of my top 10video games ever. Others include: tetrus, super mario (the original), bomberman, donkey kong, and a few others. Still, this one holds a special place in my heart. It's smurf-errific!

The object: save Smurfet from Gargamel! One smurf travels across the land encountering fences he must jump over and bats he must duck to avoid. Finally, he makes his way to Gargmel's and jumps up on this - I think it was huge skull guarded by a spider - to to save Smurfet. If he doesn't jump in just the right spot, he dies. If he is successfull, the song "Tis a Gift to be Simple" plays and all is right with the world.

Anyway, I can't find it to play online, which is a shame, but for I did find a game that's pretty smurfy. Play Greedy's Bakery to help Greedy keep his tasty treats from splattering on the floor.

2 comments:

Sweet Cactus said...

i, too, loved the smurfs. in fact, i loved smurfette the most. so much that i got eyeglasses with tiny pictures of her on the frames. unfortunately, my love of the smurfs didn't last for too long. before i knew it, i was the laughingstock of what felt like the entire elementary school. i came home crying so many days that my dad took a soldering iron and burned that bitch off of each side. my mother, who initially refused to purchase new frames because smurfette was now "out", decided that new frames would be a wise investment, as the frames now looked totally awful. thats one of my favorite stories about my dad doing something for me. he and my mom were at each other for a long time after the soldering iron incident. smurf that!

Amanda G. said...

damn! go dad!