Thursday, July 13, 2006

Anonymous: show yourself!

Most of you know I love comments on my blog. I love silly comments, funny comments, serious comments, thoughtful comments, and I even love stupid comments. I just love comments. What I do not love is when people post as anonymous*. Why? Well, I don't know who gets the darn cookies, for one! (fortunately I do this time, but I might not have!).

So, to anonymous I say: Yes, it's your right to stay hidden, and I'd rather you post anonymously than not at all, but why not show yourself?

Now, it occurs to me that anonymous just may not realize that he can choose another name. In case you don't know, here's how you do it: When you post a comment, several choices are presented. If you don't have a blogger ID, all you have to do is pick "other" and then type any any name by which you want to be called. Call yourself scooby-doo for all I care, but call yourself something!

That is all.

*Except for in the word box. The word box is the one safehaven for anonymous posters.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap, I just cant figure out how to type my name.

Anonymous said...

My name is anonymous. It has caused me severe psychological trauma and hours of counseling, but I was almost over it until this. Don't hate me for my parents cruel joke.

Anonymous said...

I would leave my name but after I type a comment I read it out loud to myself and it is just so fun to say anonymous

anonymous
anonymous
anonymous
anonymous

Anonymous said...

I don't want to leave my name for fear that Oprah will come after me. Seriously, that woman scares me to death. She would hunt me down and do horrible things to me. This way I can participate on your blog but hide from that powerfully scary woman.

Amanda G. said...

bastards. All of you.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, don't you mean Ho-prah?

Anonymous said...

: ) I am glad to see your blog up and running again! What is sad is all the negative comments.