Saturday, July 15, 2006

10 Movies Better than Lord of the Rings

So, last night some of my friends were shocked to learn that I think Lord of the Rings was the biggest waste of time I've had the displeasure to sit through. In fact, one or two of them may be loath to call me friend now that they know this. Still, the fact remains: Lord of the Rings stole nine hours of my life from me, and I can't get that back! Technically, the 3 part movie did much right: many critics gave it a thumbs up, the imagery was a thing of art, the actors learned their parts well, and the music set the mood well. Because of this, I'm not going to say "Lord of the Rings is trash," but my pure emotional response was clear: Lord of the Rings is lame. It left me unsatisfied and often a little bored.

In my opinion, these ten movies are infinitely better than the Lord of the Rings movies:
  1. Braveheart
  2. Gone With the Wind
  3. The Godfather
  4. Superman 2
  5. Bourne Identity
  6. An Affair to Remember
  7. French Kiss
  8. Erasurehead
  9. The Princess Bride
  10. Wizzard of Oz

1 comment:

Nell said...

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!