Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oh green candy, why do you do this to me?

A couple of weeks ago I bought some gummy bears specifically for the lime candy flavor inside. I quickly unsealed the bag and reached for a green gummy bear. To my horror the gummy bear was not lime flavored! It was crappy green apple. Disgusting!

Still in search for candy lime flavored goodness, I bought a roll of lifesavors . As the roll dropped with a clunk to the bottom of the machine, I eagerly reached in and pulled out my prize. I opened the pack, disgarding the orange, red, and purple lifesavors -- Purple? Wait, since when is there purple? It was then that I looked at the outside of the wrapper "new flavors!" it read. My heart sank, and even as I lifted up the green lifesavor to my lips, I knew. It would not be candy lime flavored. The disgusting flavor of green-apple was poison to my tastebuds. It was then that I decided drastic measures must be taken.

It is time for the Lime Candy Revolution! This crappy green-apple crap is taking over green candy everywhere and it must stop! Oh, the attack on lime flavor was a sneaky one. Slowly, green-apple flavor started to replace lime-flavor - almost so you barely noticed or thought your mind was just playing tricks on you. That was the beauty of the plan. Although Jelly Beans are a candy lime flavor hold out, it is only a matter of time before they, too, are in green-apple's clutches. We cannot have children on Easter morning bite into a green jelly bean and be hit with the revolting taste of candy green-apple. Easter is a day of celebration, not of tears! Action must be taken!

I encourage you to join the Lime Candy Revolution! Refuse to buy candies that have replaced lime with green-apple or write your candy makers! The madness must stop!

3 comments:

Squishy Burrito said...

I'm in!!!

Fishfrog said...

I actually prefer the apple flavor. Sorry.

MeL said...

OMG!! I never thought I'd find anyone else who loves lime flavored candy...its heaven!! YummY!! I'm so with you on this idea