Sunday, February 12, 2006

Party Games

All in all, I've had a great weekend. My birthday spectacular began on Thursday when I got to sleep in (always good), lunch w/ a friend, and watch Scrubs and About a Boy with Panda. Friday I had a totaly awesome time at the pub and back at the good old a-p-t for delicious cake and hearty laughter with great friends. Last night, I had another group of friends over for a lively game of Apples to Apples and Scruples; it was a super cool night as well. Tonight, I"ll go out to dinner with my fam-damily at a delicous Japanese resturant - I can't wait!

Thanks to everyone for making my birthday spectacular!

Now, a word about Scruples...
In this game each person has 5 questions cards, one answer card, one plead the 5th card, and a challenge coin. The object of the game is to get rid of all your question cards by asking one person a question and getting them to answer they same way as your answer card - the options are: YES, NO, or DEPENDS. If they answer as you want, you get rid of your question card but if they don't, you draw another one. You always draw a new answer card. At any point someone can challenge the answer someone gives and everyone votes to say if that person is lying or telling the truth.

Bored? Yeah, we were too. This is not a fun game. The box makes it sound fun, but in actuality most people are doing nothing during most of the game. There is just too much wait time, and the questions (which are supposed to be moral dilemas) are just not that juicy. If you want a game in the same family that will bring forth giggling and fun, try True Colors. In this game everyone is invovled in every round.

Here's how True Colors works: Everyone picks a color and everyone has cards that have the different colors on them. A question is asked "who's most likly to....." and everyone picks two of their colored cards and puts them in a box thing. So, you are anonymously voting and you can vote for two differnet people or for the same person twice. Get it? Then, the votes are counted. It is fun, but best if played with people who know eachother well and who are good sports about things. It kicks Scruples ass.

2 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

Scruples does indeed suck.

Squishy Burrito said...

Thank you for your Public Announcement on Scruples.I feel my future time will not be wasted.

I think you should post on other things that suck (with more appropriate alternatives) so that I can definately not waste time in the future.