Tuesday, February 21, 2006

All good things must end

Over the weekend Panda and I finished watching the totally awesome show Freaks and Geeks. As I watched the last episode, I could hardly enjoy it because the feeling of dread that this was the last episode of Freaks and Geaks I would ever see was unfolding before my eyes. Why do so many great shows go off the air and so many crappy ones (3 and a Half Men) stay on for years and years.

Let's take a look back at some other underapreciated shows that ended too soon:
1. Twin Peaks
2. Homefront
3. Profit
4. Nothing Sacred
5. Sports Night
6. Adventures of Brisco Co. Jr
7. Wonderfalls

Some say that the upswing to being pulled off the air during a shows height of artistic success is that no one ever sees ineveitable crap that is produced when a show overstays its welcome by a season or two. X-Files did this. That 70's show is doing this right now.

Anyother awesome shows that were gone too soon or shows that tarnished their perfect image by staying a season or two too long?
This blog post brought to you by "TV Tuesdays"

3 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

Cupid, starring Jeremy Piven

Anonymous said...

My So Called Life

Amanda G. said...

arfaser- that was a good group. I always liked Ben Stone and wished he was on more. Jack just makes me angry.