Monday, November 27, 2006

Own it!

So, I've been on U-Tube a lot lately and I've noticed that often times people will post videos of themselves doing really lame things:
  • lip-syncing
  • dancing like fools
  • reenacting scenes from movies
  • making music videos - usually for characters in T.V. shows that had huge "shipper" fan bases.
Now, don't get me wrong - I'm all for the above; I don't want to watch real people doing stuff, but I think its probably fun for the friends of the people making the videos. What I am not for, however, is lame descriptions (excuses) that accompany so many of these videos.

For example,
  • "I made this video late last night, so it isn't very good, but I'm bored and am going to post it"
  • "My girlfriend put me up to this."
  • "This is crap, but I'm putting it up anyway."

You know what? Don't tell me how good it would have been if only you'd tried at all. Why do I want to watch your video if even you think it sucks? I much prefer the person who says, "This is my first video! I hope you like it!!" Why? 'Cuz that person, while still showing modesty, takes ownership of her project.

Own your silliness.
Own your dorkiness.
Own your skills.
Own your shipper loving self!

No comments: