Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Family Tree

Over New Year's Panda and I took a drive through the country with our folks. On that trip we started to piece together our family tree, and now we have branches of our tree written on several different small pieces of paper (the only paper we had in the car at the time). Last night, I found this website that allows you to created your own family tree website. All you have to do is enter in the members of your family and make notes about them. Later, you can add pictures, etc. It's pretty good and I recommend it if you are thinking of making your own family tree. The only snag I've hit is that there is no place for 1. nicknames and 2. maiden names. But, it is free and I can get away with the above mentioned problems with parenthesis. I also like that there is section of notes that will show up on the website, so you can tell your family history.

I also found this page that allows you to print out a family tree chart so you can create your family tree by hand if you are so inclined. You can print out a family tree chart here.

No comments: