Monday, June 03, 2013

the year of the tick

That is what this year is shaping up to be, at least in Missouri.  After a camping trip wherein I recieved 4 tick bits, I decided to re-evaluate my position on Deet before my sister and I headed out on our hiking trip Sunday. I've gotten to the point where I am now more worried about lyme disease than I am about having 3 headed babies. So, covered in head-to toe clothing, tucked into my socks, I sprayed (me and the cloths) with bug-spray containing deet. Spray was reapplied during the hike and my sister and I conducted tick-checks every 20 minutes or so. Although I have no tick bites, I did have 4 ticks on me, one of which I found after I got home. That little bugger was moments from sucking my blood and giving me lyme disease, I just know it!

Ugh. Ticks. I have a bit of a phobia regarding them, and I don't ever remember them being this bad. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahha...did you just say this?! :)
"I've gotten to the point where I am now more worried about lyme disease than I am about having 3 headed babies." -Poxy

Amanda G. said...

yes, and I meant it. UGH...ticks!