Monday, June 09, 2008

we can do it! ... think again, rosie. think again



Recently, my car (Orion) has had some trouble. His hubcaps came off, his driver side mirror broke, his check engine light came on, and his headlight burnt out. To combat Orion's demise, a friend of mine has been helping me with my car. Watching him change the oil and work on other things under the hood, saying things like "EGR Valve!" lead me to believe that with a little help from my owner's manual, I could do stuff to fix Orion, too.

Today I put on new hubcaps - whoo-hoo! We'll see how secure they are after I take my car for a spin. After accomplishing that feat, I decided to tackle the burnt out head light. Although I successfully changed the bulbs, I ended up taking a huge hunk out of my finger and breaking what we think is the wiring harness. It looks complicated, and possibly expensive. Wires are involved! I hope Orion (and my bank account) come through this in one piece. Stay tuned for updates on the Orion saga...

**Update** my handy friend fixed the wiring harness by removing something that looked important. My headlight works now and my car didn't explode or implode! From this I learned, if it's broken, break it more! Aces!!

No comments: