Tuesday, November 13, 2007

just lovely

I've always been the sort of person who has not understood the appeal of a having certain pets. These include: bunnies (sorry, fishfrog and nell), hamsters/gerbils/guinea pigs, ferrets, hedgehogs, or birds. They eat, sleep, and live where the poo and they are boring; it's never seemed like much a life for them or for me. My roommate has two birds, and for the last two months they have done little to change my mind about the merit of having such pets. Sure, they're pretty, but they don't DO ANYTHING!

Well, all that has changed because these birds do do something. They sing. Beautifully. Sometimes I feel like I am out in the wilderness on a hike or camping trip with Panda, Fishfrog, and Nell. It is wonderful, just delightful. I am a bird convert. A convert, I tell ya!

2 comments:

Nell said...

what what what!?!?!? Bunnies are lovelier than a bunch of squeeky rats with wings!!!!

How.dare.you... You're lucky I'm not going to let Lily read this.

Sweet Cactus said...

are you telling me that you didn't enjoy the picture of Lewis the guinea pig dressed up as Mr. Potato Head? Meanie!