Monday, November 19, 2007

observations

So, today I was observed by my adviser for my practicum. Needless to say, I was worried. Although I've been observed informally by my cooperating teacher as I've taught a lesson, this was a formal observation, and it determines my grade for practicum. I was a hit! He told me I "posses the natural abilities of a teacher," and that that is the main thing he looks for because if you have that, then the rest will follow. He had all great things to say: the lesson was well organized and gave students ownership over the learning, I had control of the class, I had a good relationship with the kids, etc. In short, it was a excellent evaluation! YAY! This was really nice to hear, as was hearing from the office secretary how much they all love me in the building. I'm very excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job! congratulations!

Scarlet Panda said...

Congratulations, fuzzy! That's fantastic!

Nell said...

Yay!!! As if there was any doubt...

Sweet Cactus said...

Great news! Hey...do you want MY job? They're a delightful group of children when they're not threatening to punch each other in the face. =) I got to call a dad with the kid on speakerphone...it was great. Every teacher's dream. Today we made a banner that said "Our classroom is a safe place" and the kids got to write ideas of what makes a classroom safe. One kid wrote "no mywna" = no marijuana. LOL. I need turkey break--baaaaad.

Fishfrog said...

Of course they love you Fuzzy! To know Fuzzy is to love her! Congrats.