Wednesday, October 31, 2007

why does organizing create such a big mess?

Today I am organizing all my school stuff. I have an office, and up until now it has been filled with boxes of my school stuff, my craft stuff, and my mailing stuff. Try as I might, I could not get organized, and I finally determined the reason why was because I had no place to put anything that was in said boxes. So, last night I went to target and bought shelves. First off, let me say I cannot believe how cheap they were! Only 20bucks for a 3 shelf (fake) cherry bookcase. I was pleasantly surprised as I had intended on just buying some ultra cheap plastic shelves. Secondly, they were so easy to put together and I didn't even need a hammer. Nice.

So, now I'm organizing. I'm going through class binders and throwing out the useless information and creating new binders that are more user-friendly because they are organized by resource-type (lesson planning materials, behavior management, etc). As a result, there are papers strewn all about my room, much to Lucy's delight. I think this reminds her of Panda's final season study mess, and she likes it because she has much paper to pounce on and destroy.

1 comment:

Sweet Cactus said...

Warm Fuzzy's next stop on the organization tour....Phoenix. Please?!