Thursday, June 01, 2006

Swing Dancing is FUN!

I went swing dancing with some new friends last night and it was so!much!fun! Last week I went salsa dancing, but this way better. The place we went was very odd, however, because although it is advertised as a swing night (and they offer lessons earlier in the evening), the music they played was not swing music. It was a mix of 80s, hip-hop, pop, etc. Very wierd. Still, I got to dance and was twirlled and spinned all around. It was cool. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Matt said...

You know, that sounds really cool. Where was this place that had the whole lesson/dancing setup? Was it a cool place? I love dancing, but hate looking like an idiot when I do it (which I inevitably do), so the whole lesson thing sounds pretty sweet.

Amanda G. said...

yeah, I hear ya. I didn't actually attend the lessons because the people I went with already knew how to swing, so my friend just taught me a couple of steps. I think it would be much more difficult for a guy do go w/o the lessons because of the leading, etc...

Whenever I learn a new step I look like Frankenstien, but when a good song comes on its easier to relax and go with it - or at least not care as much that I look ridiculous.

This place (in Bridgeton) has lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays for like 5 or 8 bucks, but because of my school schedule, I think I'm going to go to another place that has lessons on Fridays (not sure where it is). Apparently, the lessons are pretty good because there is a lot of personal attention from the teacher. I will let you know when I go - probably next Friday.

Squishy Burrito said...

Pick me. Pick me.

I want to go.

Did you know I used to teach ballroom and swing lessons?