Monday, May 15, 2006

If you can't save yourself, warn others!

Going to the movies can often end in despare and heartach if the movie is bad enough. Have you ever walked out of a theater becuase a movie was so bad? I have not, although there were two movies that I would have left during the middle of had I not been with other people.
Jurassic Park: Lost World
Mr. Wrong

Both terrible, terrible movies. And both with actors I love: Alessandro Nivola in JP:LW and Ellen in Mr. Wrong. Do not see these movies! I saw them many many years ago, and I'm still not quite over the trauma they caused.
This blog post brought to you by "Movie Mondays"

7 comments:

Matt said...

I didn't think Lost World was all that bad - it's certainly not as good as the first one. I like the whole "RV sliding off a cliff" sequence.

Fishfrog said...

The movie that sticks out in my head as being the worst ever (I may have even booed at the end) was "Vertical Limit." I starred Chris O'Donnell (sp?) and focused on the intersection of mountain climbing and nitroglygerin. Total crap.

I also thought JP:LW was ok. But then, I like dinosaurs quite a bit.

Amanda G. said...

I can't believe you guys liked JP:LW. I thought it was so ridiculous. The first one pretty much rules though.

Matt said...

I agree that the first one rules. This is UNIX! I know this!

Scarlet Panda said...

The two movies I would have walked out of had I not been there with others:

Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Not funny. Painful.

John Carpenter's Vampires. I agreed to see this because I had just joined a new lab in grad school, one of the guys in the lab asked if I wanted to go see it with them, and I was happy to be asked and wanted to be one of the gang. Mistake.

Matt said...

I remember wanting to walk out on Men in Tights, myself. That thing had one good joke - Ye Olde Book Depository. How I laughed at that one.

And o, how I did not laugh at the rest.

I was trying to think of movies I wanted to walk out on. The one that springs the most to mind is Phantom Menace, which I couldn't walk out on because, you know, Star Wars.

The other is Requiem for a Dream, which I saw at the Ritz at the Bourse near Johns Hopkins. Nobody else in the theater liked it, and one guy started heckling it. I think that guy made it bearable for me.

Fishfrog said...

Speaking for myself and Nell, Robinhood: Men in Tights is a great movie, full of many farcical laughs.