Wednesday, April 23, 2008

let me take a moment to say, "I was right!"

For years I have been saying that the law in Law and Order equals the police, and the order equals the lawyers. For years, I have been told I am wrong; I have been told that the police keep the order and the lawyers keep the law. I maintained that the police enforce the law and the lawyers enforce the order to the law. Well, ladies and gentleman, I am right! Yesterday I saw a commercial for Law and Order that identified the police as the law part of law and order. So there! This should be particularly interesting to a particular reader who was on the wrong side of this argument...

2 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

My position remains the same. What do lawyers do to keep order? Nothing! It makes no sense.

Squishy Burrito said...

I've always thought it was law = police, order = lawyers. I mean the show is "Law and Order" and not "Order and Law".