Sunday, January 27, 2008

This stuff's made in New York City??!....get a rope

Last weekend I visited Panda in San Antonio. We mostly just hung out and watched movies, but we also left the house so I could see the sights. I saw the Alamo, walked the River Walk, and ate a breakfast taco or two; I think I took in all that San Antonio had to offer. The churches and missions are really pretty.


As you look at the River Walk, it is hard to imagine the darkness that hovers over you: in every tree top there is a creature waiting for the opportune moment to attack! Birds. This city is filled with hundreds and hundreds of birds, ready to swoop down on you - to eat your chips and salsa, to poo in your hair, to kill you!!! While Panda and I were eating outside on the River Walk, pigeons kept landing on our table and trying to eat our food! It was crazy. Then, at night I walked outside to hear swarms of birds. It was eerie; listen:



Lastly, Panda and I also went to the movies and saw Juno. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend you go do so. It is funny and heartwarming without being sappy. It was one of those movies that just made me happy.

1 comment:

Sweet Cactus said...

remember in Pee Wee's Big Adventure when the psychic tells him that his stolen bicycle is in the basement of the alamo? poor dude went and asked and then everyone made fun of him. poor Pee Wee. i have it on dvd, maybe i'll watch it tonight =)