Wednesday, January 02, 2008

listen to what i say; it will not be wrong

I spent the last week up at the farm with my folks. As always, I took plenty of tv on dvd to keep me entertained. This is even more important during the winter months when only an insane person would go out side in the blusteringly cold town that houses our family farm than it is in during the warmer (more pleasant) months.

I took with me:
X-Files Season 2
Twin Peaks: the series
Corner Gas Season 2

Despite her best intentions, my mom ended up getting sucked into X-Files. I'm pretty sure she's a Mulder/Scully 'shipper (as all good people are).

Despite his best intentions, my dad is now hooked on Twin Peaks; he actually made me start over from the beginning of the series after seeing about 15 minutes of an episode. We watched 10 episodes, plus the pilot, in 2 days. He now has all sorts of theories about who killed Laura Palmer. He is not going to be happy when the truth comes out!

Finally, it's unanimous: my parents and two sets of aunts and uncles love Corner Gas. They were laughing so hard, and watched a couple of the episodes more than once. They all love Squishy for introducing me (and by extension, them) to this show.

1 comment:

Scarlet Panda said...

You got both sets of our aunts and uncles to watch Corner Gas? That's awesome. Wish I could have been there.