Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Holland Falls Hike

Pictures, I say! Pictures! Here are a few pictures from a hike I went on yesterday up to Holland Falls:




I met a new friend along the way. It always surprises me how non-pulsed these mule deers are at my presence; it's a good thing I don't have a hunting rifle.


This is a picture of Holland Lake. The mountains pictured are the Mission Mountains: the most magnificent mountains I've ever seen. I still remember the first time I laid eyes on them. I had gone home with a friend who lived on the Flathead Indian Reservation for Thanksgiving my freshman year. We drove in at night so I did not see the mountains upon my arrival, but I woke up in the morning and outside the huge bay window were this majestic mountains. It was breath-taking.


Here are the falls. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture of the falls that doesn't also picture either me or Brandi.


This little guy is about 1 foot away from me and Brandi. He and a friend wanted a bit of our apples, and they would not leave us alone. They actually did come up by our feet, and they were fast little critters! People should not feed critters because THIS is what happens.



2 comments:

Nell said...

Beautiful! I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

O-mazing photo's!!!!