Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Must I help you? I'd really rather not.

Having some much needed school work to do today, I packed up my trusty school bag and headed to good old University Name campus; my first stop was at the bookstore to pick up a textbook. One thing I've noticed over the years is that the two people who work in my university's bookstore are not helpful in slightest. Not only are they not helpful, but they seem genuinely put-out by the mere notion that they should be helpful. Today as I struggled to find what I needed, one clerk came up to me and asked, "Are you finding everything?" as she walked past me. She did not even pause to hear my answer; if she had, she would have heard me say "No, actually, I'm not." Although that had never happened to me before, I have heard the heavy sigh of annoyance anytime I approach one of these clerks with a question. They work in a bookstore, shouldn't they want to help people find books?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, not if they don't like to work. they just want to get paid for sitting around in a book store.