Tuesday, July 14, 2009

top 20 shows (of my time)

It's hard to rank sitcoms and dramas together...the criteria for judging them is a bit different, so I made two top ten lists. They are not perfect, but here they are:

Top Ten Sitcoms:

10. Corner Gas
9. Ellen (also called These Friends of Mine)
8. Family Ties
7. The Office
6. Scrubs (season 1-4)
5.How I met Your Mother
4. The Simpsons
3. Sienfeld
2. The Golden Girls
1. Soap

** edited because I can't count, and had 12 sitcoms not 10. And because of the omission of the G-girls, which I thought I put in my list.
(removed: Sports Night, Two Guys and a Girl, and Malcolm in the Middle...that last one was particularly hard to remove from the list.)
**

Top Ten Drama/Action

10.Lois & Clark: The Adventures of Superman
9. Veronica Mars (especially season 1, which is sheer perfection...television at its best)
8. Dexter
7. The Wire
6. Picket Fences
5. La Femme Nikita
4. The X-Files
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. West Wing
1. Twin Peaks
This blog post brought to you by "T.V. Tuesdays"

2 comments:

Squishy Burrito said...

We have just gotten into West Wing and watched 3 seasons in 3 weeks. Season 4 is waiting for us at the library now. Sams ex-fiancee is the girl from 2 Guys, a girl and a pizza place. I knew I knew her from somewhere.

And I have to say that I totally forgot about Picket Fences. I loved that show.

But...I will never forgive Veronica Mars for stopping in the middle of a season and the middle of a story.

Amanda G. said...

Seasons 1-3 are probably the best of West Wing. I'm so glad you like it!

As for VM...whatever faults they had in later seasons, I still love season one so much!!